- To reflect upon information: subliminal information is evanescent, while conscious information is stable.
- To discretize the incoming flux of information to a few samples that can be reported or stored.
- To route this information to other processing stages, thus performing chains of operations.
- To monitor our behavior and correct our errors.
- To share the information and achieve collective decisions.
Saturday, April 28, 2018
Is consciousness an epiphenomenon?
Continuing this post, Dehaene answers no starting at 19:55. Consciousness is required for the following operations: