Thursday, September 29, 2011

Occupy Wall Street

Finally the people have had enough. It's time to join the effort and make your voices heard. See the website for more info and let the top 1% know what the other 99% of us think and feel. The revolution has begun.

Here's what Noam Chomsky says:

"Anyone with eyes open knows that the gangsterism of Wall Street -- financial institutions generally -- has caused severe damage to the people of the United States (and the world). And should also know that it has been doing so increasingly for over 30 years, as their power in the economy has radically increased, and with it their political power. That has set in motion a vicious cycle that has concentrated immense wealth, and with it political power, in a tiny sector of the population, a fraction of 1%, while the rest increasingly become what is sometimes called "a precariat" -- seeking to survive in a precarious existence. They also carry out these ugly activities with almost complete impunity -- not only too big to fail, but also 'too big to jail.' The courageous and honorable protests underway in Wall Street should serve to bring this calamity to public attention, and to lead to dedicated efforts to overcome it and set the society on a more healthy course."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.