Our house is on fire. Join the resistance: Do no harm/take no shit. My idiosyncratic and confluent bricolage of progressive politics, the collaborative commons, next generation cognitive neuroscience, American pragmatism, de/reconstruction, dynamic systems, embodied realism, postmetaphysics, psychodynamics, aesthetics. It ain't much but it's not nothing.
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Denmark vs. the US
See this article for the details. The bullet points follow.
1. Denmark’s unemployed workers get 90 percent of their old salary for 2 years.
2. Denmark spends far less on healthcare than the US.
3. Denmark is the happiest country on Earth.
4. Danes enjoy the world’s shortest workweek.
5. Denmark pays students $900 a month to attend college.
6. Denmark has one of the highest per-capita incomes in the developed world.
7. Denmark has one of the world’s lowest poverty rates. The US has one of the highest.
8. Denmark is ranked the #1 best country for business (The US is ranked #18).
9. New parents in Denmark get 52 weeks of paid family leave. New American parents get nothing.