- He is very pro-police and rarely votes in favor of criminal appeals.
- He is unlikely to turn over existing criminal justice rulings like the death penalty.
- During his time as a lawyer, he represented the tobacco industry.
- During his time as a lawyer, he fought against the Clean Air Act.
- During his time as a lawyer, he represented corporate entities.
- As a judge, he voted against allowing Guantanamo detainees access to civil courts.
- He is absolutely not a progressive liberal.
- Orrin Hatch loves the guy.
- He is just a placeholder to call Republican Senate’s bluff
- He will almost certainly side with Conservative justices.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Robinson on the Garland pick
From his post at Ring of Fire: