The project met with an explosive response:
- A diverse group of leading activists, academics, labor leaders, policy makers, progressive business people and environmentalists signed our short public statement on the systemic nature of the crisis and the need for systemic solutions – and they have since been joined by many thousands more.
- Fifty thousand people viewed our short promotional film on the project, and we have reached tens of thousands more through favorable coverage in progressive outlets like The Nation, Grist, Upworthy, The Leap and YES! Magazine, and many more.
- Our national launch webinar attracted over twenty co-sponsoring organizations, from National People’s Action to BALLE and CODEPINK, and over 3,000 people participated or have viewed it since.
- We are building an extensive mailing list and strong followings on social media.
- Many allied and like-minded organizations and initiatives, both in the United States and in other parts of the world, have been reaching out to us to explore partnerships and collaboration.