1. The Democratic Party of Vermont endorses Bernie.
2. Bernie caucuses with the Dems in the Senate
3. Bernie has a much better progressive voting record in the Senate than almost any other Senator, D or R.
4. Bernie's reasons for registering as an Independent are well documented and accepted by his colleagues.
5.Bernie Sanders will be one of America's greatest Presidents
Sanders must run for president as a Democrat because in this duopoly, the President must have a D or an R by his name.
3rd, 4th, 5th party, etc. may have a shot after we;
1. Close the Electoral college
2. Reverse "Citizens United"
3. Establish a more nationally standardized voting system
4. Establish a system of 'Ranked Choice Voting' like STAR voting.
Bernie Sanders is the classic FDR, working families style Democrat, not a corporate, Wall Street, 'third way' Democrat.